Best Foot Bath Massagers – Full Reviews
Benefits of Foot Bath Massagers
For hundreds of years, people have considered foot massage as a means of achieving well-being and health the natural way.
Various cultures throughout the world, specifically those that are more keen on alternative and traditional medicine, perceive massage and foot spa as a means of relieving pain and promoting general wellness.
Foot reflexology, for instance, incorporates the application of pressure on certain points located on the feet, which help stimulate balance of energies in corresponding parts of the body.
An at-home foot spa comes in a portable and easy-to-use design, so you can simply soak your feet in a soothing bubble spa with warm water to relax your tired muscles, ligaments and tendons. Such devices also features a built-in water heater so you can vary the temperature based on what is comfortable for you.
If you have foot problems or pains, you can experience relief from using a foot spa. This device features attachments including a massage roller, which you can use to put light pressure on reflexology zones and get an invigorating massage at the same time.
Advanced components in some home units also contribute to the foot spa experience, including bubble jets, high-frequency vibration massage, and infrared therapy,a built-in timer, splash protection that prevents spillage of water and an digital LED display. Combine these features in a great quality spa, and can relax with a spectacular massage that releases stress and negative energies.
Foot massagers are especially wonderful for the elderly and those who are in poor health. A high quality heated foot massager has energizing and relaxing benefits, for not only your feet and ankles, but also for tired sore hands.
A hand soak in the heated massager will also help with rheumatism or arthritic pain, ease cramps and tight fingers.
A foot bath helps to relieve stiff tight muscles, pains, and aches, and wakes up tired and burning feet. With an invigorating massage, and a kneading type of manipulation, you will see your entire body have positive effects by sending nerve signals to the brain for balancing the nervous system. This is a nice way to take advantage of reflexology principles to relaxation and calm for optimum pain relief and healing.
What to Look For in a Foot bath Massager
Choose the kind of foot bath spa massager that provides:
- Aromatherapy – Another nice option is adding 100% pure essential oils such as cedarwood, grapefruit, lemon, and orange, to take advantage of aromatherapy. The Kendal Foot Spa has a wonderful herbal diffuser feature especially for this purpose. Recommended for use in an aromatherapy foot bath: Best Blends Set of 6 100% Pure, Best Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil
- Heated Water – heated water lets you soak your feet longer because it is comfortable and beneficial. Some units provide a single control level and others provide several levels for controlling the heat as you like it.
- Bubbles and Jets -the bubbles gently massage your feet and create a greater relaxation response. The jet water holes can be in the bottom or at the sides and some configurations provide you with a deeper massaging feat for your softer feet.
- Vibrating Options – Some spa units provide a minimal massage or a vigorous full-bodied percussion massage to relax your feet, ankles, ease pain, and stiffness, and free up pressure point generating areas.
- You will also want to consider the weight of the spa, water capacity, water removal, options, and of course, your budget.
Here are the heated foot bath massagers I recommend, based on value, features and customer satisfaction:
Carepeutic Ozone Waterfall Foot and Leg Spa Bath Massager
Carepeutic® offers a wonderful foot and leg spa bath massager with ozone benefits to remove pain for sore and swollen feet at the meridian zones in the bottom of your feet.
- Integrating ozone benefits into hyperthermia healing therapy to relieve painful, sore feet and refresh meridians of body through its heated water in the calf-deep water container
- Combined action of ozone therapy and heated water surfing and rolling massage to boost and increase uptake of oxygen and improve body circulation
- Strong air bubble massage with waterfall or water jet surfing system, waterfall and water jet can work alone or simultaneously, equipped with detachable herbal bag container, one extra mineral stone container included
- Strong waterfall and two powerful water jets circulate water with infrared heat and moist hot air bubbles to help stimulate foot reflex zones
- With smart thermal control water temperature automatic balancing system, hidden and motorized smart water drainage system with double insulation for safety protection
Here a recent review by a verified purchaser, voted most helpful on Amazon:
After years of searching for the best footbath, and experiencing many disappointments, I took a chance on this model although there were no reviews. It was a great decision! It is not absolutely perfect, but I love everything about this one even though it requires few tweaks with the drainage. It is by far the best I have ever owned.
The control panel is very easy to use. The unit has multiple programs, but I have only used the first one (P1) so I can adjust everything as I desire. The other programs automatically turn the massage and bubbles off and on based on a certain time/temperature setting.The instruction booklet explains it all. Read it thoroughly.
This footbath heats the water and keeps it at whatever temperature you choose within the range of temperatures of the unit. It’s fabulous!
The large massage rollers are motorized, and not removable. I wear a size 9 – 9.5 shoe, and the rollers hit me right in the insteps and the balls of my feet for a wonderful foot massage. There is enough room for me to move my feet so the rollers can massage my heels for a bit, or I can just hit a button and turn them off.
The bubbles just feel wonderful, and you can turn them on and off as desired. Everything is individually adjustable with the exception of the timer. If you don’t want to sit any longer, then you simply hit the off button.
The two jets can be adjusted towards or away from the feet. The waterfall is adjustable as well. sometimes I like them, other times I don’t.
Delightfully, this footbath allows the use of mineral salts and herbs. I made my own lavender and green tea foot soak with epsom salts, and I put a few tablespoons in an organza drawstring bag, tie it closed, and place it in the basket specifically for mineral bags. I remove it before I drain the water, let it dry out, and remove the dried out lavender buds and green tea leaves. It HAS to be secured in a mesh bag so the leaves and buds don’t clog anything. I have also used some rose scented bath salts without the bag since the salts don’t have any added herbs. They just dissolved from the little basket and were fine.
The auto drainage feature, while not perfect, is such a great feature to have. It’s a deep footbath and would be too heavy when full for me to get to the kitchen to drain. This unit has a powered drain nozzle that empties onto a bucket, and it can be paused as the bucket is filled to a level I can handle to carry to the kitchen to empty. Then I can resume the draining with the touch of a button. Once empty, I can easily lift the unit with the two concave handles on either side and carry it to its storage place.
I noticed, though, that the first time I used it, some of the water was cycling back through the waterfall and jets, and the unit never drained fully. I pulled out the removable basket and jet assembly and noticed that water came out of the vertical connecting tube. I’m not sure if this is supposed to happen as a pat of the design, but my solution to prevent water from coming back through that tube was to purchase a black rubber stopper and plug up the tube. What a difference in the power and speed of the drainage! Also, water will pool under the massage rollers, but after all the major water is drained out, I tip the unit towards me, and the drain, and the excess water is pulled out. I can then dry the unit with a towel and put it away for my next relaxation session. I store the stopper in the mineral basket.
For me, this footbath is well worth the money. A relaxing scented soak, a powered massage, consistently warm water, a hot cup of tea, soft music, and bit of meditation makes for a very calming 50 minutes. I have used it 5 times in the 11 days I have owned it, and in the cold weather we have been having, it’s wonderful! I think it will be great with cool water, peppermint foot salts, and a cold beverage on a warm day.
It is exactly what I have been looking for, and I love it!
You can read more reviews on Amazon.
The Bottom Line – The Carepeutic Ozone Waterfall Foot and Leg Spa Bath Massager is a full-featured heated foot bath massager that I would recommend for achy feet and hands
The dimensions are 21 x 17 x 14-inches and it weighs 17 pounds without water. Plug into a USA 110-Volt 50 Hz outlet with the UL listed cord. The manufacturer does not give the men’s shoe size, but most units will fit 12/13.
The Brookstone® Foot Spa
The Brookstone® Foot Spa has two powerful hydro jets for a relaxing and comforting foot and ankle massage. while the rolling bumps provide a wonderful kneading massage to the bottom of your feet at the reflexology regions.
The Brookstone massager automatically heats water to 115-degrees F. and will heat even faster if you put warm water into it at the start.
The unit does not vibrate; you move your feet over the rollers for a soothing massage for foot muscle exercise at the same time. There is also a removable pumice stone included for dead skin exfoliation on your heels and foot pads.
- Increases circulation, relieves tight muscles and relaxes tired feet
- Rotating jets with two adjustable speeds create a personalized massage
- Quickly heats water up to 115 degrees and maintains temperature, eliminating the need to add hot water
- Removable pumice stone exfoliates rough, dry skin on foot pads and heels
- Roomy, oversized “tub” comfortably fits up to a Men’s Size 14
The dimensions are 20 front-to-back x 14 wide x 9.5-inches deep. It weighs 9.7 pounds without water. All controls are on the top and there is no remote control unit. Plug it into a USA 110/120-Volt outlet with the UL listed cord.
Do not add oils, bath salts, or Epsom salt to this unit.
Pibbs® Portable Foot Bath Massager
Pibbs® Industries is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of salon, beauty, and spa equipment globally.
The Pibbs® Portable Foot Bath Massager model FM3830A is great quality, and water plumbing is not needed for this pedicure or massage spa for personal home use or in a business setting salon.
It has three modes to make soft massaging bubbles and vibration, as well as heat. It is ergonomically designed with a detachable splash shield, and an automatic heating element to keep the water at a wonderful soothing temperature.
The massager also comes with two dual side foot pads, three plastic insert attachments, and a cord storage area.
- 3 Modes – Vibrate & Heat; Vibrate; Heat
- Includes 1 splash shield, 2 dual side foot pads, 3 plastic insert attachments, 1 cord storage band
- Accommodates feet size up to 12/13, Holds 4-1/2″ of water
- Use with epsom salt, essential oils
- 14″W x 15″ L x 6.5″ H.
The unit will fit a men’s size 12/13 shoe, and Epsom salt, bath salts, and essential oils can be used. The unit holds 4-1/2-inches of water, and weighs 7 pounds when empty.
Note that this massager can get quite hot; start with a lower heat setting and work your way up to the temperature you prefer.
The KENDAL® Spa Bath Massager by New Shining Image
This unit has a wonderful herbal diffuser and a pedicure stone. There is a drainage filter with tube to drain out the water, an anti-splash cover, and bottom casters for portability.
- All-in-one: motorized rolling massage, heating therapy, oxygen bubbles massage, water fall & water wave massage, plus digital temperature and timer control and LED display & remote control.
- Deep tank –it works not only for foot but also for calf. Water fall function sprays water flow to simulate surfing effects to massage foot and calf. It effectively promotes blood circulation, improves metabolism, relieves fatigue, and smooths the meridians (Qi system).
- adjust temperature from 20 to 48 °C. Two water jets surfing water cycle with many massage air bubbles simulating foot reflex zones. With temperature indicator– blue light when below 42 °C; red light when higher than 42 °C.
- Uses quality PTC heating semiconductor– speed heating, maintaining a constant temperature, and secure multi-insulation protection. Safe and secure double overheating protection.
- Self-drainage. Body made of high-quality plastic — high temperature resistance and aging resistance.
The dimensions are 18.5 L x 16 W x 19 H-inches. Inside tank dimensions are 16 L x 13.5 W x 13.5 H-inches. The unit weighs 22 pounds without water.
All in one Foot Spa Bath Massager With Heat, HF Vibration, Infrared & O2 Bubbles
Truly All-in-one: heating therapy, oxygen bubbles massage, high-frequency vibration massage, and infrared therapy.
This model effectively promotes blood circulation, improves metabolism, relieves fatigue, and smooths the meridians (Qi system).
- All-in-one: heating therapy, oxygen bubbles massage, high-frequency vibration massage, and infrared therapy.
- It effectively promotes blood circulation, improves metabolism, relieves fatigue, and smoothens the meridians (Qi system).
- Uses US DuPont made PTC heating semiconductor– speed heating, maintaining a constant temperature, and secure multi-insulation protection. Safe and secure double overheating protection.
- 3 pre-set programs–vibration massage + bubble vibration massage + infrared, heat + bubble + vibration massage + infrared.
- Self-drainage. Body made of high-quality plastic — high temperature resistance and aging resistance. Beautiful and elegant. 110V, 60HZ, 380 watts. Comfortably fits up to a Men’s Size 14
- Fight Fungus with a Detox Foot Soak: Itching, swelling, and burning are just three of the signs that you’re struggling with a common fungal infection like athlete’s foot. But fighting these uncomfortable and even embarrassing conditions is easier than you think. The Foot Soak recipe boasts the anti-bacterial properties of powerhouse oils like Tea Tree and Peppermint. Together, they help reduce your symptoms and banish odor, leaving your feet happy and healthy.
- Ease Foot Aches and Pains: From work, to the gym, and back home again, you depend on your feet to keep you moving. But overuse can leave you with aches, pains, and soreness. Thanks to ultra-soothing Epsom Salts and the relaxing scent of Chamomile Oil, our nourishing formula makes an incredible foot bath detox your feet will love! You can show your tired feet the TLC they crave while treating yourself to some in-home pampering after a long day.
- Soften Corns and Remove Dead Skin from Feet: High heels and ill-fitting shoes are two of the leading offenders when it comes to corns and calluses. That thick, tough skin can cause discomfort when standing or wearing shoes – don’t live your life in pain! Tea Tree Oil benefits the dead skin on feet by softening it and making it easier to remove, while Pure Dead Sea Salts offer a natural exfoliation that will have your feet feeling smooth in no time!
- Spa Quality Ingredients: Therapeutic Foot Soak is loaded with therapeutic-grade Tea Tree Oil foot and natural salts and essential oils like Rosemary and Spearmint to provide you with a luxurious, indulgent home experience. And because this formula leaves out chemicals and artificial additives, you don’t have to worry about irritating or drying your skin.
- Your Satisfaction Guaranteed: When it comes to effective beauty solutions, you trust Pure Body Naturals. We love our new Foot Soak salts so much that we want to give you our risk-free guarantee. Go ahead and try this incredible Foot Soak, and if you aren’t completely wowed by the results, you can return it for a full refund – no questions asked.